Transformers: Studio Series

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Transformers: Studio Series

Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:31 am

yojoebro82 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:16 am
NORM wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:54 pm
Anyone have a DPCI for deluxe class?
087-06-5834
That doesn't seem to be working on Popfindr. Probably a Popfindr issue...
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:50 am

NORM wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:31 am
yojoebro82 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:16 am
NORM wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:54 pm
Anyone have a DPCI for deluxe class?
087-06-5834
That doesn't seem to be working on Popfindr. Probably a Popfindr issue...
I sometimes have the same issue with dpcis provided on yakface. They sometimes don't work in popfinder.

That was the dpci from my receipt from Blur and Kup.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:39 pm

Over on the Marvel Board Dorkside just posted they have some Studio Grimlocks inbound.
NORM

Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:24 pm

sepster wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:39 pm
Over on the Marvel Board Dorkside just posted they have some Studio Grimlocks inbound.
I saw that! I've already got a preorder in place, so just waiting for word!
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:35 pm

I'm interested to see how he compares to MP-08. Judging by a review I saw of SS Grimlock, I'm thinking he'll be about a head shorter than MP-08 in 'Bot mode and he won't have the chrome applications. Very interested to see that comparison.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:36 pm

Me too. I preordered with DS when they first put the SS86 and Kingdom stuff so hopefully I'm in for this batch. I have not seen or heard of any sightings of Grimlock at retail yet. This will be my first ever official toy of Grimmy. I owned a bootleg of him as a kid and never got any other iterations of him throughout the years. They also mentioned other various TFs coming inbound so hopefully other SS86 and Kingdom figures are coming. Besides Grimmy, I really want Hot Rod, Jazz, and surprisingly Kup just so I can get crazy with him and replace his limbs with Cog, Six Gun, Brunt, and all the other weaponizers I own.
NORM

Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:32 pm

Last week, I was stopping in two different Targets daily, and scoring with every visit, between SW BS, TFs, MotUO, and NECA TMNT. This week, my luck has run out. Or rather, I've found everything I've been looking for already, and I still haven't seen signs of SS86 deluxes.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:24 pm

I see DS has Jazz and Blurr in stock. Hopefully Grimmy is still enroute or they already allocated their stock to current preorders. I needs me my 86 transformers!! lol.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:54 pm

CMD created a shipping label for Grimlock. I also have him preordered at Dorkside, while all my SS Deluxe preorders are at BBTS. The Deluxes are the only figures I haven't seen between Wal-Mart and Target.

Is Grimlock two per case? I always take a look at Entertainment Earth for case pack-outs, but I don't see a listing.
NORM

Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:05 pm

Found out about a new collector shop that opened about 20 min away from me. It was like an action figure oasis. I'd never seen so many new figures from all the lines I collect, like Marvel Legends, Black Series, Tranformers, etc. They opened the bricks & mortar spot around 4 months ago, but have been in business online for two years. Anyway, I walked out of there with SS86 Kup, Blurr, and Jazz for $22 apiece. Their prices are comparable to major retailers, which is a breath of fresh air compared to other collector-focused shops in my area.

These figures are magnificent. On par with the best of WFC, but somehow, even a few steps up. Their sculpts are perfect (and maybe that's part of why I'm impressed, they're all brand new sculpts). Articulation is excellent. Paints on mine are sharp and consistent. Conversions are full of surprises for me. Having had every iteration of these three that came before, these managed to engineer new and unexpected steps in their transformations. What I find to be almost a negative, is that they snap together too tightly. I find a little more difficulty taking these apart once the parts are snapped into place. Notably, Kup's fists in truck mode, Blurr's arms in coupe mode, and Jazz's roof in race car mode.

Oh man, they look SO GOOD with the rest of the line. Jazz with Cliffjumper and Bumblebee, Kup and Blurr with Hot Rod, Arcee, Springer.. love the rainbow effect of everyone's colors. I've preordered all of these at a couple places, but I don't think I'll cancel any. These are all worthy of having multiple copies.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:21 pm

Checked Target's Hot Rod page randomly a few hours ago, and managed to get a preorder in. Now I have him preordered at 3 places (Amazon & BBTS also), lol. Who will be the first to get my money? (I love BBTS, but I'm honestly hoping it's one of the "fast & free shipping" sites lol)
NORM

Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:35 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:46 pm

Ha! That is a beautiful lineup. We are just a Perceptor figure away from recreating the Optimus deathbed scene in the 86 movie. Daniel supposedly coming the upcoming rumored Slag right? Heck, we already got Dead Optimus at Amazon.

Now I'm real stoked to see how Rodimus Prime will turn out. He's the one I'm most curious about from the upcoming waves that were rumored.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Transformers: Studio Series

Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:33 pm

NORM wrote:Image

Looks fantastic!

Are you adding in Siege Ultra Magnus? I thought I heard something about a new Ultra Magnus, but is it going to be any different than the Siege version?

Edit: found it. Actually several differences.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/01/13/tra ... ges-427231

NORM

Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:18 pm

Yeah, I'll be buying the Kingdom Ultra Magnus once he's available.

So, to round out this cast, we still need Galvatron, Wreck-Gar, Perceptor, possibly some Sweeps and Junkions, Sludge, Slag, Swoop, Snarl (did he even show up in the movie?), and then some of the peripheral Decepticons that were involved in the siege of Autobot City, like Blitzwing, and maybe some updates of the Insecticons? Blaster also had a distinct role in the opening act as well.

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”