What are you reading?

Discuss your favorite comics, comic heroes, comic companies. Anything comics. Did we mention comics?
Lobster Johnson
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: The good Lobster is in the Lodge, and he can't leave

Re: What are you reading?

Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:18 pm

Dormammu wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:21 am
The Mignola-verse is just a cool state of mind to visit. I think the only complaint from most fans (me included) was that Hell on Earth got a bit boring in the middle. Other than that, the Mignola-verse is pretty tight and page-turning. I'll be ordering the 3 latest omnibus books on my birthday in a few months from Indigo Books. They give ya 20% off, probably with the standard 10% off too. I'm hoping The Devil You Know won't be sold out by then.
I think Hell on Earth is pretty excellent all the way through, I greatly miss Arcudi's presence in the Mignola books. Really just hasn't been the same since he left.
Dormammu
Mumu of Evil

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:07 am

Does anyone know the print status of the classic Uncanny X-men omnibus books? Is everything that showed up in the last few months all there will be... for like years from now? I read a rumour that reprints are happening soon, given the good sales. But that's completely unverified.

I need Vol 2. By the time I lazily got around to ordering it, damn thing was gone from everywhere.
Dormammu
Mumu of Evil

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:13 am

Lobster Johnson wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:18 pm
I think Hell on Earth is pretty excellent all the way through, I greatly miss Arcudi's presence in the Mignola books. Really just hasn't been the same since he left.
Yeah, as others have said, the Mignola books are so much the Arcudi-Davis books too. Even after one-of-a-kind artist Davis left, generating a merry-go-around of other artists, Arcudi still held it together with his good writing.
FlexionDynamo
HULK SMASH!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:05 pm

I'm almost finished with House of M, and I just picked up House of X at a Comic Book Store. Not sure what I'll read after that, so good thread!
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:32 pm

I went a little crazy over the weekend and started buying the epic collection X-Men books. Really loving this format. Some of the books I had read all the issues before but I'm really liking how these are setup with the issues from other titles included that are relevant. I'm planning on getting the X-Factor, X-Force and New Mutants Epic Collections as well....and of course I could see myself hitting up FF and Spider-man at some point as I seem to be allergic to money in my pocket.

Return to “The Short Box - Comic Books”