NBA Discussion

What makes Fwoosh culture? Food, clothes, random thoughts, whatever - this is the place to talk about it.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

NBA Discussion

Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:50 am

The 2019-2020 weirdo bubble playoffs start next week. Who ya got?

MIL over ORL in 4
TOR over BKN in 5
BOS over PHI in 6
MIA over IND in 6

LAL over POR in 6 // LAL over MEM in 4
LAC over DAL in 5
DEN over UTAH in 6
HOU over OKC in 7
redhulk11
Runs Around in Tights

Re: NBA Discussion

Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:47 pm

The Mavs put up a good fight. I normally don't get to watch a lot of their games because I'm on the east coast, but it was nice competitive series.

Even though Boston got the first game against the Raptors, I still think the Raptors come out on top. I've been really surprised how everyone has stepped up this season and I don't think they will go down easily.

I haven't watched a second of the Jazz vs. Nuggets, but it seems like Jamal Murray and Donovan Mitchell are kicking all sorts of butts. Gotta check out game 7.
TheSameIdiot

Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:20 am

Luka is officially here. He'll be the face of the league in five years.

Boston surprised me. I liked Toronto before game one, but with hindsight, I'd probably pick the Celtics. I'm not sure Toronto's issues against Boston are fixable.

Miami, meanwhile, did not surprise me. I think they're going to upset the Bucks in six. Bam has given Giannis trouble all year, and the Heat are the better-coached team.
redhulk11
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:43 pm

Og Anunoby's shot was crazy. The way Kemba was playing late in game was really impressive and it looked like clutch Kemba sealed up the game. Basketball is fun.

Caught some of game 2 of the MIL vs MIA the other day and I really hate Milwaukee's effort. Miami is roughing them up and playing harder than them, and it doesn't seem like they are fighting back. Milwaukee's ball movement isn't very good and it almost seems impossible for them to set up their offense early in the shot clock late in game. I hope they can figure it out because if they go down 3-0 tonight, I think they should fire Budenholzer.
TheSameIdiot

Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:41 am

I think Budenholzer is gone. Miami/Boston is a pretty interesting potential conference finals matchup.

The Lakers looked bad tonight. I'm not going to overreact because they've been off for a week, but they miss Avery Bradley badly. Houston hit less than 36% of its threes and still won by 15. Davis and LeBron need to go off, and they need a third scorer. Also, Rondo has been pitiful all year and shouldn't play more than 10 minutes per night.

Somehow, it's the Clippers' title to lose.
TheSameIdiot

Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:31 am

I dunno, but it's starting to seem like Kawhi hitched his wagon to the wrong star. Playoff P does not exist.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:07 am

If Kawhi stays put he probably returns to the Finals? Not sure. Certainly he makes the conference finals.
TheSameIdiot

Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:33 pm

I'm not so sure about that. Doc's lack of adjustments against Denver was disappointing, to say the least. Jokic and AD would both eat the Clippers alive in the Conference Semis. It all depends on matchups. They don't have a decent big man and they don't really have a way to get one. I liked their guard lineup coming into the year, but Lou Williams can't defend, Beverley can't stay on the floor, and Reggie Jackson isn't good. Not sure what they do at PF, either. Marcus Morris shouldn't be starting for a championship team.

As for teams who are still playing, I liked the Celtics in 7 and the Lakers in 6, but I may have underrated Miami. Bam is a problem. I actually think they could win it all now.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:10 am

If he stayed put he'd have been in Toronto. I'm assuming his presence on the Raptors, who took Boston to 7, is enough to get them over that hump.

At the beginning of the season I was saying Miami was going to be really good, but in no way was I thinking they'd make the NBA Finals.
TheSameIdiot

Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:36 am

I wasn't exactly sure how big the gulf between the East and West was, but if game one was any indication, it's significant. This might be a short series.
simmo
Eats Worms off the Barbie

Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:08 am

Lakers roster, outside Lebron and AD, is incredibly streaky.

That said, Miami’s injuries mean this series is done. Lakers in 5 (at a stretch)...unless Butler can miraculously inspire the Heat like the T-wolves bench in a training scrimmage.
TheSameIdiot

Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:42 pm

I think LA has enough decent (albeit streaky) pieces that you can rely on two of them to come through on any given night. Between KCP, Rondo, Caruso, Green, Morris, Kuzma, and Howard (?!), two or more guys will give you 12+ every night.

When Davis is unguardable for 30+ every game and LeBron is getting people easy shots, they have enough. Not to mention their disciplined, switchy, fast defense and transition scoring. I didn't think they'd have enough when the season started, but it's a surprisingly strong team.
TheSameIdiot

Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:36 am

Butler has been so, so good in these Finals. He's showed me stuff that, frankly, I didn't think he had.

It took something of a miracle for the Heat to win a second game in this series, with Rondo, Kuzma, Morris, and Caruso playing particularly poorly, along with a lights-out performance from Duncan Robinson, but as a LeBron supporter, I'm getting a bit nervous. It's hard to come that close (literally one possession away on both sides of the floor) and come up short.
redhulk11
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:44 pm

Harden to the Nets. I hate to say it, but this team reminds me of the 2011 knicks. This nets roster will be one of the biggest jokes of all time if they don't get a championship.
TheSameIdiot

Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:05 am

Surprisingly, I don't like the fit. Three of the highest usage rate guys in the league have to share one ball. Kyrie and Harden have no one to hide their defensive deficiencies. Not to mention the fact that they gave up Jarret Allen, the only guy on the roster with a prayer of stopping Anthony Davis in a potential Finals series. I'm sure they'll get a buyout guy, but nobody who could legitimately defend AD.

Return to “The Bar With No Name”