Haha, a lot of you thought you were banned from the site, huh? Don’t worry, there was a couple of times where I thought the same myself. We look to be through the roughest part of our upgrades so hopefully things will be smooth sailing for the immediate future. I just jinxed it didn’t I? But who wants to think about that, it’s Happy Hour!
Marvel.com revealed the latest offering from the Marvel Select line, The Amazing Spider-Man 2!
A Diamond Select Toys release! The Amazing Spider-Man is back in an all-new big-screen adventure this summer, and he’s also back in the hit Marvel Select line! This 7-inch-scale figure depicts Spidey in his brand-new costume, and features 16 points of articulation as well as interchangeable parts and accessories. Comes packaged in display-ready Select packaging with spine reference artwork. Designed and sculpted by Gentle Giant, due out this summer!
He looks to come with three sets of hands. Fists/gripping, thwip, and wall crawling! I don’t know why that excites me. Have we had any Spidey figure ever with wall crawling hands? I mean stateside releases, not imports. He also comes with a fireman’s helmet, which is odd but I’m sure the movie will reveal it’s purpose.
Overall I think he looks nice. No bicep swivel but I can overlook that. With it being sculpted by Gentle Giant I’m hoping it comes with my new favorite point of articulation, the ankle peg rocker. So simple, so brilliant. I’m also hoping that the lighter blue makes it through to the production figure. Hasbro’s version came out dark in comparison and I’m ready to see a toy company buck the trend of “darker is better.” Yeah, I’m looking at you too, Mr. Superman.
Hot Toys loves their Iron Man armors and villains, and villains don’t get much worse than Loki!
“You must be truly desperate to come to me for help.” A new powerful enemy has appeared to destroy the nine realms, and Thor is forced to seek assistance from Loki in order to save us all in the Thor: The Dark World, but can the God of Mischief be truly trusted?
Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys are proud to present the Loki Sixth Scale Collectible Figure from Thor: The Dark World. The movie-accurate collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Tom Hiddleston as the trickster Loki, featuring a newly developed head sculpt, highly-detailed costume, weapon and accessories.
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Tom Hiddleston as Loki in Thor: The Dark World
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles and skin texture
- Black hair sculpture
- Body with over 30 points of articulation
- Approximately 32 cm tall
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable palms including: Each portrait is specially hand-painted
- One (1) pair of partially clenched palms
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) right palm for holding dagger
- One (1) left open palm
- One (1) black long vest with leather-like materials and bronze-colored armor
- One (1) long-sleeve leather-like black and green long coat with bronze-colored armor and strap
- One (1) leather-like pants with patterns
- One (1) pair of black boots
- One (1) dagger
- One (1) pair of handcuffs with chains
- One (1) pair of legcuffs with chains
- One (1) neck collar with chains
- Figure stand with Loki nameplate and the movie logo
DC Collectibles posted the second installment of their three part video series of Phil Ramirez sculpting the upcoming Batman: Arkham City Clayface!
Finally, some new promotional art for Guardians of the Galaxy surfaced this week!
And then there’s this…
This, my friends, is a baby doll. I know, this site is for action figures, but I was scrolling through my Ebay feed and this popped up. You can see more pictures in the auction.
While I’m impressed as all hell in the craftmanship, especially the paint job, I can’t help feeling that I want to burn it with a flamethrower.
Happy Hour’s over!