It is the first of the month and Matty and his guy Friday Toy Guru are back with answers to your DC, Masters and Ghost Busters questions. What say them?
1. Since many of the ghosts featured in the Ghost Busters movies are too large to pack in with a standard figure, has Mattel given any thought to doing some original designs for pack in ghosts? Maybe based off of some of the old Kenner toys?
Yes, this is something we are looking into.
2. Should we expect a special Green Arrow-like hand articulation for Bow when he comes to MOTUC?
Most likely. But Bow has not been slotted in yet for development.
3. If you were to pursue making figures of Tytus and/or Megator for the MOTUC line, how tall would you say they would have to be (or be able to be) in order to fit properly with the regular figures?
It is hard to say since anything beyond Battlecat has yet to be determined. If we do these giants we’d go for as tall as we could while keeping them to a reasonable price point.
4. Without having to tip your hat for what is coming down the road, are there some particular characters that you see gaining fan backing for support to have in the DCUC line? We know that you have said you listen to the fans, just how loud of an uproar needs to be made for you to start to take notice for a particular character?
Its is probably just as easy for you guys to stay on top of this, but we do see a lot of requests for LOSH figures, Zatanna, Catman, Bat villains, JSA members and Legion of Doom members. But the range does vary and almost every character comes up in one form or another.
5. For a Man-E-Faces MOTUC figure, are you thinking more like Tri-Klops’ turning eyes for his “many faces” or more like the upcoming Battle armor He-Man with swappable plates?
Actually, both options are being reviewed. But he is still awhile off. So don’t jump to any conclusions!
*Thanks again, guys. Oooh, Catman. Catman, Catman, Catman, CATMAN!